BAGO ORDERS SECURITY AGENCIES TO RESCUE ABDUCTED WORSHIPPER
By: Safiya Abdulrahim Dabban
Niger State Governor Mohammed Umaru Bago has condemned the attack on Gidan-Zana and Kpenya communities in Borgu Local Government Area, describing the abduction of worshippers during Friday prayers as a serious threat to peace and security in the state.
The state government said suspected terrorists invaded the communities on Friday, August 21, 2026, and stormed the Kpenya Mosque during Juma’at prayers, abducting an unspecified number of worshippers. Some worshippers reportedly escaped into surrounding areas.
In a statement issued by the Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Obed Nuhu, the government said security agencies had been mobilised in response to the incident.
Governor Bago directed the relevant authorities to intensify efforts to rescue the abducted worshippers safely and restore normalcy to the affected communities.
The governor also expressed concern over the incident and assured residents that the government would continue working with security agencies to protect lives and property across the state.
