May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR

Gov. Yusuf warns criminals to stay away from Kano

Share
Gov. Abba Yusuf of Kano State has warned criminals to stay away from the state, warning that his administration will not tolerate any activity that will breach the existing peace in the state.
Yusuf issued the warning while addressing 20 suspected criminals arrested for committing various crimes by the Kano Command of Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) at its headquarters on Sunday.
“My administration will not tolerate any act capable of disturbing the peaceful atmosphere in the state.
“May I also use this opportunity to warn criminals, especially phone snatchers and  armed robbers, to stay off the state.
“We are ready to provide peaceful atmosphere for our people to go about their legitimate businesses without threat to lives and properties.
“We are going to give all the necessary support to all security agencies to enable them discharge their primary assignment diligently,” he said.
The governor also warned the residents, especially youths, to desist from any form of political violence and thuggery in the state.
Yusuf said that the state government has taken concrete security measures to enhance peaceful atmosphere in the state.
He said that already the state government has set up mobile courts to ensure prompt prosecution of phone snatchers and other criminal elements in the state.
He lauded the efforts of the NSCDC for introducing various security measures that paved way for the arrest of the 20 criminals within a very short period.
“We are going to support you to do more in arresting men of underworld to enable residents move on with their day-to-day activities without threat to lives and properties,” he said.
The NSCDC Corps Commandant, Mr Lawal Falala, had informed the governor earlier that 20 suspected were arrested for committing various crimes in the state in the last five days.
He said that eight suspects were arrested for various crimes ranging from vandalising armoured cables, phone snatching and theft of motorcycles.
He explained that 12 suspects were arrested in Sabon Gari, Fagge Local Government Area, for vandalising an armoured cable 7mms and phone snatching at Dorayi and Charanchi in Gwale Local Government Area.
He said the command had already taken proactive security measures to deal with any form of security threat in the state.
Falala assured that the command would continue to utilise the avenues of intelligence-led and community-based approach in enhancing peaceful atmosphere.
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x