May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR
Logo image within link text

EMPLOYMENT GALORE: KANO TO VERIFY AUTHENTICITY 16/8/2023.

Share

EMPLOYMENT GALORE: KANO TO VERIFY AUTHENTICITY 16/8/2023.

By Sadiq aminu

KNSG Constitutes 22-man Committee to verify the authenticity of over 10,000 workers recruited by Ganduje

The Kano State government has set up 22-man committee to verify the authenticity of over 10,000 workers recruited by the immediate past governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.

The Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Abdullahi Bappa Bichi while inaugurating the committee said they are to check whether due process was followed in the recruitment of the workers.

He charged members of the committee to discharge their duties without fear or favour.

“Issue which informed our gathering here was the last minute employment of over 10,000 Civil Servants without following the laid down rules and regulations governing employment into the civil service.”

“Government viewed this as an anomaly and therefore, resolved to set up a committee to study and review the entire process, with a view to determining whether or not the employment process was informed by the expressed manpower need and requirement of the affected MDAS or are just based on certain primordial considerations suggesting nepotism as alleged.”

He said Other mandates assigned to the committee include compiling the list of the already employed staff as well as establish the financial implications on State finances and ascertain whether budgetary provisions were adhered to followed.

“Identify those already enlisted into the state payroll, sequel to their recruitment cum those that are yet to receive appointment letters following the stoppage of the exercise by the present Government.”

Responding, the Chairman of the committee, Dr. Umar Shehu Minjibir assured the government that it will not let it down as it will carry out it responsibility diligently.

Minjibir who doubles as the Chairman of the Civil Service Commission, however promised to be just in the discharge of it duty.

Meanwhile, the NLC Chairman, Inuwa Kabir expressed delight with the development saying the committee will ascertain the authenticity of the workers within a short period of time.

Radio Nigeria recalled that the state government under Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf had earlier ordered the immediate stoppage of the salary of the workers employed by the immediate past governor, Ganduje.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x