May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION

NSCDC IN ANAMBRA DEPLOYS 1,951 PERSONNEL TO ENSURE ADEQUATE SECURITY DURING EASTER CELEBRATION   

Share

NSCDC IN ANAMBRA DEPLOYS 1,951 PERSONNEL TO ENSURE ADEQUATE SECURITY DURING EASTER CELEBRATION                                                                                                           28-03-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                         Security and Civil Defense Corps in Anambra State has deployed one thousand and fifty one of its personnel to ensure adequate security before, during and after Easter celebration in the state.

The Commandant of the Corps in the state, Mr Maku Olatunde who ordered the deployment, said the officers and men of the Corps would man various critical national assets and infrastructure, worship centres, celebration venues, parks, recreational centres and other strategic points.

Mr Maku stated this at the State Command Headquarters, Awka while having a strategic meeting with the management team to review the already existing security framework and to set in motion plans for water- tight security during the celebration.

According to him, the personnel drawn from the Rapid Response Squad, Counter Terrorism Unit, Disaster Management Unit, Investigation and Intelligence Department, Female Strike Force, and Anti Vandalism Squad were expected to provide both overt and covert operations, round the clock surveillance, pin downs, and mobile visibility preventive patrol in all identified flashpoints and other strategic locations to subdue any unforeseen circumstances during the festive season.

The State Commandant directed all Area Commanders, Divisional Officers, Heads of Formation and Tactical Commanders to deploy personnel and operational assets to areas of security interest within their respective areas of responsibility to avoid mischief makers showing their ugly faces and causing any form of mayhem for law-abiding citizens.

Mr Maku also directed that officers and men deployed for this assignment were under strict instructions to be professional and courteous to law -abiding citizens but firm to suppress all criminal elements who might want to take advantage of the season to perpetuate their unholy acts.

The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Edwin Okadigbo in a release said, Mr Maku while extending his felicitations to the residents and good people of the state, especially the Christian faithful, called on members of the public to cooperate with NSCDC and other security agencies, as adequate security measures had been emplaced to guarantee a hitch-free celebration.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x