May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR

GOVERNOR CHUKWUMA SOLUDO SAYS YOUTHS ARE THE BRIDGE TO FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY   

Share

 

GOVERNOR CHUKWUMA SOLUDO SAYS YOUTHS ARE THE BRIDGE TO FUTURE DEVELOPMENT OF THE COUNTRY                                                                                            09-08-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                               Governor Chukwuma Soludo of Anambra State says youths are the bridge to future development of the country.

Speaking during the launch of the second phase of “One Youth, Two Skills” held at the International Convention Centre, Awka, Governor Soludo said his administration prioritizes human capital development hence the concentration on youth population.

Governor Soludo recalled that the Phase one of the programme had 5,000 youths, trained on a peculiar way of apprenticeship (popularly referred as igba boi) mentorship, and that most of them had been empowered, while several of them now are employers of labour.

The Anambra State Governor explained that two billion naira grant was disbursed to those who qualified in the last batch, adding that another 2.5 billion naira start-up capital was also set aside for beneficiaries that are willing to access it through the Anambra Small Business Agency.

The Governor, however, called on the youths to take advantage of the initiative so that they could become economically self-reliant.

The Commissioner for Youth Development, Mr. Patrick Agha-Mba thanked Governor Soludo for being supportive of the initiative, which he said was a model worthy of emulation.

Africa247 correspondent reports that in the second batch category about 183,000 candidates applied ,and 8,620 candidates were selected because of available limited spaces.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x