May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR

ONE OF THE 13 SUSPECTED CASES OF MPOX, IN ISIALA NGWA AREA OF ABIA STATE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED POSITIVE

Share

ONE OF THE 13 SUSPECTED CASES OF MPOX, IN ISIALA NGWA AREA OF ABIA STATE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED POSITIVE                                                                                                    20-08-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                               One of the thirteen suspected cases of MPOX, formerlly known as monkey pox in Isiala Ngwa area of Abia State has been confirmed positive.

Speaking to newsmen at the Government House Umuahia after this week’s Executive Council Meeting, the Commissioner for Information, Prince Okey Kanu, explained that nine tested negative, while two were awaiting clarification.

Prince Kanu announced that the state government had set up a a treatment centre at the Abia State University Teaching Hospital, ABSUTH, Aba and urged residents to maintain personal hygiene and social distancing to reduce the spread of the virus.

Speaking further on MPOX virus in the state, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Health, Dr. Ngozi Azodoh, urged residents, especially farmers to reduce contact with animals.

She explained that there was a synergy among the Ministries of Health, Environment, and Public Utilities as a steering committee had been set up on the infectious diseases, while the state had keyed into the Federal Government “One-Health” policy.

According to Dr. Azodo, the state government has concluded arrangements to commence renovation works by the first week of September this year on two hundred Primary Healthcare Centres in next one hundred days to bring them up to standard for improved healthcare services, especially at the rural areas.

Responding to questions from journalists, the Commissioner for Tertiary Education in the state, Professor Uche Eme Uche said the government had started reclaiming the one hundred and eighty compromised public school lands acquired by individuals in the state, stressing that the government had only demolished the illegal perimeter fence at the Government College Umuahia but it would be wasteful to demolish any structure that is not on the way.

Also, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Publicity, Mr. Ferdinand Ekeoma, said that the state government had concluded identification of houses to be demolished along the Umuikaa- Owerrinta road expansion, adding that compensation for the affected structures would commence soon.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x