August 20, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TROOPS RESCUE 10 KIDNAP VICTIMS ACROSS NORTH-WEST
AIYEDATIWA APPOINTS OVER 1,000 AIDES IN ONDO
TINUBU APPOINTS ABEL ENITAN AS HEAD OF CIVIL SERVICE
TINUBU ORDERS FIVE-YEAR NATIONAL SECURITY THREAT ASSESSMENT AND DEFENCE PLAN
ADC DEMANDS CREDIBLE 2027 ELECTIONS AS IRI BEGINS ASSESSMENT
NSIB MOVES TO STRENGTHEN ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS ACROSS TRANSPORT SECTORS
ANAMBRA POLICE CONFIRM RELEASE OF BUSINESS TYCOON, REVEREND SISTER AFTER ABDUCTION
OPERATION FANSAN YAMMA: TROOPS KILL TWO TERRORISTS, INTERCEPT 180 EXPLOSIVES IN ZAMFARA
KANO POLICE ARREST FIVE SUSPECTED ARMED ROBBERS, RECOVER FIREARM AND AMMUNITION
OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION: VOTERS HEAD TO POLLS AS SECURITY IS TIGHTENED

MILD DRAMA IN ILORIN MAGISTRATE COURT DURING ABDULRAHMAN RITUAL KILLING CASE 

Share

MILD DRAMA IN ILORIN MAGISTRATE COURT DURING ABDULRAHMAN RITUAL KILLING CASE                                                                                                             07-03-25

By Sadiq Aminu                                                     There was a mild drama in an Ilorin magistrate court when Abdulrahman Ballo, the suspected murderer of Hafsoh Lawal along with his accomplices appeared before the court presided by Magistrate S B Mohammed

The suspects are facing a three-count charge of criminal conspiracy, culpable homicide, possession of human parts and armed robbery.

When the case came up, no legal representation was announced for Abdulrahman while other suspects had their counsel.

Chief State Counsel Issa Zakari who appeared for the State told the court that Legal Advice from the State Attorney General had been obtained and all the suspects have a case to answer.

He therefore requested that the case be transferred to the State High Court for prosecution.

However in a dramatic turn of event, the Principal Suspect Abdulrahman Ballo sought the permission of the court to speak and it was granted by the magistrate.

Abdulrahman informed the court that the other suspects were unaware of the crime which he said he committed all alone and appealed to the court to release them.

The suspect Abdulrahman told the court that when the deceased came to his House, she said she was hungry and he asked her to cook but changed his mind and went to get food which they both ate before they had sex and she died in the process.

He further told the court that out of fear,he decided to cut her body into pieces, packed the dismembered parts and dumped them in a public dustbin which the police had since recovered.

The suspect explained further that the only part that was discovered in his house was her hands which he was yet to dispose of because he was afraid and ran out of the house since the day of the incident.

The suspect who claimed that the crime was his first told the court that it was a spirit that pushed him into committing the crime

Magistrate S.B. Mohammed in her ruling acknowledged receipt of the Legal Advice for the transfer of the case to the High Court which has jurisdiction for the trial of the accused persons and thereafter adjourned the case to the twentieth of March for further hearing.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x