May 20, 2026
11 11 11 AM
SHETTIMA REVEALS ALLEGED PLOT TO TURN TINUBU AGAINST HIM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION

NECO 2023 SSCE: OVER 11.400 CAUGHT I EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE     

Share

NECO 2023 SSCE: OVER 11.400 CAUGHT I EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE                                                                       26-02-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                      The National Examinations Council, NECO, has released the 2023 Senior School Certificate Examination SSCE External, Sixty Seven days after the conduct of the Examination.

Presenting the report, the Registrar and Chief Executive of the Council, Professor Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi said about Seventy Five Thousand candidates registered for the Examination.

He said out of the figure over Seventy Four Thousand Three Hundred candidates sat for the Examination with males constituting Fifty two percent while females represented over Forty Seven percent.

Professor Dantani Ibrahim Wushishi said those who got Five credits and above including English Language and Mathematics is over Sixty two thousand Five Hundred representing over Eighty Four percent of the entire candidates that sat for the Examination.

He said even though cases of examination malpractice has reduced, Eight Thousand five hundred cases were recorded last year as against the over Eleven thousand four hundred cases recorded in 2022.

He pointed out that due to other malpractices associated with the conduct of the last year’s NECO External SSCE, two centres one in Kaduna and the other in Ogun State were involved in whole center malpractices.

According to the NECO Registrar, two Supervisors one each from Oyo and Lagos States was blacklisted for poor Supervision and inability to control students while One centre in Borno State was also blacklisted for aiding and abeting examination through WhatsApp messages.

During the 2023 External SSCE result presentation, the NECO Registrar Professor Dantani Wushishi unveiled an automated Annual E-posting Calendar to guide the examination body in the posting of staff for various assignments across the country.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x