May 20, 2026
11 11 11 AM
SHETTIMA REVEALS ALLEGED PLOT TO TURN TINUBU AGAINST HIM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD

FLOOD: OVER 27 PEOPLE KILLED IN KEBBI STATE       

Share

 

FLOOD: OVER 27 PEOPLE KILLED IN KEBBI STATE                                                                                                                                          27-09-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                                Over twenty seven people were killed by this year’s devastating flood in some local government areas of Kebbi State.

The State Commissioner for Information and Culture, Alhaji Yakubu Ahmed BK, made this known while addressing a press conference on the magnitude of flood that wrecked havoc on people and their property across the state.

He said, those affected local government areas that recorded deaths are Birnin Kebbi with two deaths, Ngaski seven people, Maiyama eight people, Kalgo five and Jega lost seven people to this year’s devastating flood.

According to the Commissioner, the flood, had also submerged over 858, 000 Hecters of farmland, while over 329,000 households were rendered homeless.

While appealing to the Federal Government to urgently come to the aid of the state as its worst hit by flood, the Commissioner said, considering the high impact of the flood, the state government cannot do it alone, hence the decision to request the federal government to urgently extend helping hands to bring succour to the affected victims.

The Commissioner stated that, the state had already compiled its report and forwarded same to Abuja for consideration and subsequent action.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x