May 20, 2026
11 11 11 AM
SHETTIMA REVEALS ALLEGED PLOT TO TURN TINUBU AGAINST HIM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD

FG HANDS OVER 64 BUSES TO THE ORGANISED LABOUR AND THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS

Share

FG HANDS OVER 64 BUSES TO THE ORGANISED LABOUR AND THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIAN STUDENTS                                                                             29-09-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                              The Federal Government has handed over 64 buses to the organised labour and the National Association of Nigerian students.

The buses, which are CNG-powered, are 15-passenger capacity, equipped with air conditioners and entertainment facilities.

At the event, the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Alhaji Muhammad Idris, said the the provision of the buses was a promise kept by President Tinubu.

Delivered as as part of activities marking Nigeria’s 64th Independence Anniversary, Alhaji Muhammad Idris said they would ease transportation fares by about 70 percent.

Similarly, the Minister of Finance, Mr. Wale Edun, said about 500 more of such buses of various capacities, including 100 electric ones, had been ordered, adding they would soon be delivered.

He emphasised that the initiative was aimed at alleviating the burden on the poor and vulnerable, and supporting macro-economic reforms that would position the country on the path to economic stability.

The Secretary-General and Chief Executive of Trade Union Congress, Comrade Nuhu Toro, President of the National Association of Nigerian Students , Comrade Lucky Emonefe; and the Head of International Desk, Nigeria Labour Congress, Comrade Uche Ekwe, commended President Tinubu for the gesture.

They however called for the provision of more CNG buses to completely ease the transportation problem in the country.

The Programme Director/Chief Executive of PCNGi, Mr. Michael Oluwagbemi, had said since its establishment one year ago, over 125 conversion centres had been established, compared to the initial seven.

He said investment in the sector had exceeded 175 million dollars, with 12 new mother stations commissioned and 75 more under construction.

He said technician training had been boosted, with 40 new technicians trained weekly, adding that over 34,000 conversion kits have been ordered, with more than half already distributed.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x