May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR

FG RELEASES ₦5BN, MOVES TO STOP KANO MARKET FIRES

Share

FG RELEASES ₦5BN, MOVES TO STOP KANO MARKET FIRES

By: Safiya Abdulrahim Dabban

Kashim Shettima has reaffirmed the Federal Government’s commitment to preventing recurring fire outbreaks in Kano markets as ₦5 billion approved by Bola Tinubu is set to be released to traders affected by the recent inferno at Singer Market. Speaking in Abuja, Shettima said all arrangements for the disbursement had been completed and stressed that the support was based on initial damage assessments, with room for further assistance if required.

He said relevant agencies would work with the Kano State Government to ensure transparent distribution of the funds and strengthen fire prevention measures to protect lives and property. Leaders of the Kano business community welcomed the intervention, describing it as timely relief that brings renewed hope to affected traders.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x