June 24, 2024
11 11 11 AM
AKTH CONSIDERING ALTERNATIVE SOURCES OF POWER GENERATION-CMD
MISCONDUCT: KANO JUDICIAL COMMISSION SANCTIONS 3 MAGISTRATES, REGISTRAR   
NIMC DENOUNCES ALLEGATION OF DATA BREACH: ADVISES NIGERIANS TO AVOID GIVING DATA TO PHISHING SITES
PRESIDENT TINUBU SAYS CIVIL SERVANTS IN DIASPORA STILL EARNING SALARIES BACK HOME WITHOUT FORMALLY RESIGNING WILL BE PUNISHED           
TROOPS APPREHEND FAKE RECRUITMENT OFFICIAL IN TARABA STATE
GOVERNOR ABBA KABIR ORDERS CRACKDOWN ON THUGGERY IN KANO
2 PERSONS HAVE BEEN KILLED IN A FIGHT BETWEEN TWO RIVAL GROUPS IN NIGER
KANO GOVERNMENT ADVICES RESIDENTS AGAINST DRINKING RAINWATER TO PREVENT CHOLERA OUTBREAK
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES CAUCUS DISOWNS MEMBER, SAYS YOU HAVE NO PERMISSION TO SPEAK FOR US                                                                                                                                         
ZAMFARA GOVERNOR FLAGS OFF REMODELLING, UPGRADING AND EQUIPPING OF YARIMAN BAKURA SPECIALIST HOSPITAL, GUSAU             

CHIBOK GIRLS: BORNO GOVERNMENT EXPRESSES COMMITMENT TO RESCUING 89 REMAINING GIRLS

Share

CHIBOK GIRLS: BORNO GOVERNMENT EXPRESSES COMMITMENT TO RESCUING 89 REMAINING GIRLS                                                                                                                       14-04-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                                     The Borno state government has expressed determination to rescuing the remaining eighty nine abducted Chibok school girls still in captivity with the combined efforts of security and intelligence agencies.

Commissioner for Information and Internal Security, Professor Usman Tar gave the assurance at a media briefing to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the abduction of the girls.

It is exactly ten years, that the 276 students of Government Girls Secondary School Chibok were abducted from their dormitory in Chibok town, Borno state.

187 of the girls have so far been rescued and reunited with their families.

Currently, some of the Chibok girls have been enrolled into local or foreign scholarship programmes and others under the supervision of Federal ministry of women affairs.

Commissioner for Information and Internal Security, Professor Usman Tar said the state government identifies with parents and all those affected by the abduction.

He assured that government will not rest on its oars until the last Chibok girl return back and reunited with their loved ones.

“The Borno state government is committed to rescuing and reuniting the remaining girls with their families. We understand the pain and anguish that the families of those still in captivity are going through, this is our sorrow” Tar said.

Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development, Hajiya Zuwaira remarked that the sixteen recently rescued girls have been enrolled into second chance schools where they learn digital and other skills.

She explained because of the trauma they have went through, the process of reintegration will be gradual so that they can fully recover.

“They have an accommodation where they live with their children, we take them to school everyday and bring them back and because they have children of school age, we have also registered them in nearby nursery school. So the idea is to go gradual before they are fully reintegrated” Zuwaira explained.

On the abduction of IDPs in Gamborun Ngala on the third of March this year, the Commissioner for Information confirmed that 106 boys and girls have been abducted while eight have so far returned.

He also assured that the Federal and Borno state government are working assiduously to rescue those that are still in captivity and improve the living condition of displaced persons across the state.

“Certain narratives suggest that these IDPs numbered between 200 and 300 were abducted. It is important to clarify that while there have been cases of missing internally displaced persons, the number according to the available data stood at 106 boys and girls and so far 8 have since returned to their respective camps”

Africa 247 Correspondent Sadiq Aminu reports prayer sessions have also been scheduled for the safe return of the remaining girls.

0 0 votes
Article Rating

Leave a Reply

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x