May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR

NLC SUSPENDS PROPOSED PROTEST OVER TELECOM TARIFF HIKE

Share

 

NLC SUSPENDS PROPOSED PROTEST OVER TELECOM TARIFF HIKE                                                                                                         04-02-25

By Sadiq Aminu                                                               The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has suspended its proposed protest over the 50 per cent increase in telecommunication tariff.

The decision was reached when the leaders of NLC met with the delegation from the Federal government led by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, George Akume, in Abuja on Monday.

This is contained in a statement issued by the Director, Information & Public Relations in the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Seguin Imohiosen.

The meeting was aimed at promoting industrial harmony and protecting the interest of Nigerians.

The Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, who spoke on behalf of the Federal Government, said that the purpose of the meeting was to look into the study carried out by the NCC which led to the 50 percent increment on telecommunications tariff.

A 10-man Committee comprising five members from the Federal Government and five from the NLC was set up to review the study and submit its report within two weeks.

The President of NLC, Comrade Joe Ajaero, said that the union will wait till the outcome of the Committee to determine its next line of action.

NLC had on Wednesday last week declared that it will embark on a nationwide mass rally on Tuesday February 4, 2025, in protest of the 50 per cent telecom tariff increase recently approved by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x