August 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
NSIB MOVES TO STRENGTHEN ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS ACROSS TRANSPORT SECTORS
ANAMBRA POLICE CONFIRM RELEASE OF BUSINESS TYCOON, REVEREND SISTER AFTER ABDUCTION
OPERATION FANSAN YAMMA: TROOPS KILL TWO TERRORISTS, INTERCEPT 180 EXPLOSIVES IN ZAMFARA
KANO POLICE ARREST FIVE SUSPECTED ARMED ROBBERS, RECOVER FIREARM AND AMMUNITION
OSUN GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION: VOTERS HEAD TO POLLS AS SECURITY IS TIGHTENED
BAUCHI GOVERNMENT DECLARES AUGUST 17 WORK-FREE DAY FOR LG ELECTIONS
POLICE RECOVER TWO FABRICATED PISTOLS, CULT-INSCRIBED CAPS IN ANAMBRA
EBONYI POLICE COMMENCE STRICT ENFORCEMENT OF TRAFFIC LAWS
NAPTIP RESCUES FIVE KEBBI CHILDREN FROM SUSPECTED TRAFFICKERS
PDP GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE WITHDRAWS FROM OSUN RACE, BACKS ADELEKE

ASEMA SAYS IT IS TAKING INVENTORY OF FLASH FLOODS INCIDENTS THAT OCCURRED IN AWKA THE STATE CAPITAL   

Share

ASEMA SAYS IT IS TAKING INVENTORY OF FLASH FLOODS INCIDENTS THAT OCCURRED IN AWKA THE STATE CAPITAL                                                                                                  27-09-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                          The Anambra State Emergency Management Agency, SEMA says it is already taking inventory of flash flood incidents that occurred in Awka the state capital.

The Executive Secretary of SEMA , Chief Paul Odenigbo stated this in an interview with newsmen following a heavy rain that destroyed several properties including vehicles, buildings and Hospital equipment.

According to him, the agency was saddled with the responsibility of attending to emergency situations across the state was inundated with several calls from residents who were victims of the flash flood disaster.

He noted that SEMA in conjuction with the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Enugu Zone who were on ground immediately took a tour of some of the affected areas to get a first hand information of level of damage.

Chief Odenigbo described the incident as very devastating, considering that Awka , the state capital was never tipped as among areas that would witness flooding as predicted by relevant government agencies.

The SEMA Executive Secretary said an official report backed with pictures and videos had been sent both to the Governor’s Office and the Federal Government through NEMA to alert them of the prevailing situation on ground.

While sympathizing with the flood victims over their losses, the SEMA boss expressed the hope that both the Federal and state governments would in no distant time come to their aid to at least cushion the effects of the shock temporarily.

Chief Odenigbo also called on the governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo to look at the issues and consider talking to some Ministries and Agencies including Works, Environment and Physical Planning Borad, to ensure that they did all that was supposed to do including distilling of drainages , taking off structures standing on waterways as well as ensuring that contractors terminate water channels properly.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x