May 19, 2026
11 11 11 AM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD
EX-FIRS BOSS NAMI PLEDGES PEOPLE-CENTERED LEADERSHIP DURING NIGER SOUTH TOUR

SENATE CALLS THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO URGENTLY DEPLOY ADDITIONAL PERSONNEL AND ADVANCED EQUIPMENT TO BORNO AND YOBE STATES       

Share

 

SENATE CALLS THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES TO URGENTLY DEPLOY ADDITIONAL PERSONNEL AND ADVANCED EQUIPMENT TO BORNO AND YOBE STATES                                                                                                              14-05-25

By Sadiq Aminu                                                       The Red Chamber passed the resolution in the wake of a fresh wave of attacks by Boko Haram insurgents in the two North-east states.

The resolution was adopted and passed after the upper chamber deliberated on a motion moved by the Senate Chief Whip, Tahir Munguno.

The Senator had drawn the attention of the red chamber to the renewed violence in the North-east, citing the killing of over a dozen soldiers in Marte town in Monguno local government area of Borno State, on Monday

He said terrorists launched another assault early on Tuesday on Gajiram, the headquarters of Nganzai local government area.

Senator Monguno also drew the Senate attention to the resurgence of terrorist activity in an area that had previously enjoyed relative peace.

He said while two-thirds of Borno’s local government areas were once under Boko Haram control, coordinated efforts by the Nigerian Armed Forces and the Civilian Joint Task Force had successfully reclaimed most of the territories

“The recent attacks highlight the need for the military to reassess its current deployment strategy and refocus on the North-east,” Munguno stated.

After the deliberations, the Senate urged the military to immediately deploy more troops to the North-east region.

The Senate also resolved that the military should ensure that the deployed personnel are equipped with sophisticated machines to match the terrorists’ growing capabilities.

It also directed its committees on Army and Air Force to monitor and ensure compliance with the resolution.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x