May 20, 2026
11 11 11 AM
SHETTIMA REVEALS ALLEGED PLOT TO TURN TINUBU AGAINST HIM
TINUBU PLEDGES RESCUE OF ABDUCTED OYO PUPILS, TEACHERS
BANDITS KILL 10, INCLUDING PREGNANT WOMAN, IN KATSINA MARKET ATTACK
ADELEKE ORDERS REVIVAL OF SAFE SCHOOL INITIATIVE AFTER OYO SCHOOL ABDUCTIONS
DANGOTE INCREASES ETHIOPIA FERTILISER PROJECT INVESTMENT TO $4BN
LABOUR PARTY CAUTIONS ASPIRANTS AGAINST OBTAINING NOMINATION FORMS FROM ABURE
APC CLEARS YAHAYA BELLO, OTHER ASPIRANTS FOR KOGI SENATORIAL PRIMARIES
APC LAWMAKER YUSUF GAGDI LOSES RE-ELECTION TICKET IN PLATEAU
COURT FINES PLAINTIFF ₦1M IN SUIT SEEKING TO STOP JONATHAN’S 2027 PRESIDENTIAL BID
EFCC ARRAIGNS BLESSING CEO OVER ALLEGED ₦36 MILLION FRAUD

MINIMUM WAGE: BE CONSIDERATE WITH YOUR OFFER, LABOUR MINISTER BEGS ORGANIZED LABOUR                                                                                         

Share

MINIMUM WAGE: BE CONSIDERATE WITH YOUR OFFER, LABOUR MINISTER BEGS ORGANIZED LABOUR                                                                                                                29-05-24

By Sadiq Aminu                                                                 The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Dr Nkeiruka Onyejeocha, has appealed to organised labour to be patriotic and considerate in their demands in the ongoing negotiation for a new national minimum wage.

This is contained in a press statement by the Director of Press and Public Relations in the Ministry, Mr Olajide Oshundun.

Dr Onyejeocha says the Federal Government offers N60,000 as the new Minimum Wage for workers.

The minister said that the federal government had been consistent in taking steps to secure a fair and realistic wage for Nigerian workers.

She, therefore, urge Organized labour to recognise that the nation’s economy was still on the path of recovery from the effects of the pandemic and other economic distress.

“We appeal to organised labour and, indeed, other relevant stakeholders to be considerate and patriotic in their demands, recognizing that our economy is still recovering from the devastating effects of the pandemic and other global economic shocks.” The minister stated.

“In light of the current economic conditions, we have made a concessionary move from N57,000 to N60,000. This increase is a demonstration of our willingness to listen to the concerns of labour and work towards a mutually beneficial agreement. She stated.

Dr Onyejeocha said the Federal Government would continue to engage with organised labour and other stakeholders to ensure that our economic policies are inclusive and beneficial to all.

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) rejected the offer of N60,000 as new Minimum Wage for workers.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Home
Magazines
Our Channel
About Us
Contact Us
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x